VALORANT is getting another limited-time fun mode with its next patch. In the new mode called “Escalation,” players will kill and race the opposition through a cycle of different weapons and abilities. It’s time to use Raze’s ultimate with Sage.
Riot Games brings new game modes to its titles from time to time. In League of Legends, many fun modes such as URF and One For All quickly became fan-favorites. Snowball Mode was the first limited-time game mode in VALORANT, and Escalation will be in second place.
Escalation is similar to the usual Gun Game mode. Competitors will try to reach level 12 by eliminating their enemies with random guns and abilities. Even though this is a team mode, everyone has their own part to complete for the next level. You need to get at least 1 kill to progress within Escalation as an individual. If any team can’t make it to level twelve, the team which has earned more points in ten minutes will win the game.
- 5v5 game mode
- 12 Escalation levels (each level has a specific weapon or ability)
- First team to 12, or furthest along in 10 minute, wins
- Team together must earn 7 points on a level to advance to the next level
- A kill on the current level earns 1 point
- A kill on a previous level earns .5 points
- Each player has an individual weapon level they’re working to complete
- You’ll have to earn at least 1 kill on a weapon to unlock the next weapon level
- Games run for about 7-9 minutes
- No agent-specific abilities based on your character select choice, only standard abilities that all players will see throughout the match
- Fast Respawns, invulnerable for first 5 seconds
You might be obligated to use everything in the mode. I mean EVERYTHING:
- Level 1: Always either Raze’s Showstopper or Vandal/Phantom
- Level 2: Always Vandal or Phantom
- Level 3-11: Assorted weapons and abilities
- Level 12: Possible Shorty, Classic, Knife, Shock Dart or even the Snowball Launcher
- Health: Every death drops a health pack that expires after 10 seconds
Like the Deathmatch mode, you will get XP points from each Escalation game: 800 XP for each completed match and 200 XP extra for winning.
It’s likely that Escalation will be live in Patch 2.03. “This one’s on the limited time block for now. We’re always evolving our game mode offerings depending on how you respond. But for now, jump in so you don’t miss out,” Riot said.
You heard them: be sure to jump into an Escalation match as soon as you get the chance.